Why does the fun have to stop here?
Remember: Children make their mark in doing what they can do, not what they can’t.” Howard Gardiner
Swan decided to open its primary school eight years ago (2008) , as there was a huge need for private school education at an affordable price. Our aim is to provide a happy, loving and friendly environment for young learners to grow and develop.
- No more than 18 children per class.
- We provide safe aftercare facilities and assisted homework.
- Our curriculum is a combination of GDE and the British schooling system.
- We do educational computer stimulation with a wide range of programs that promote reading and math’s skills.
- We practice a technique called Braingym that stimulates cognition skills and aids in concentration.
- We learn a range of different languages including English, Afrikaans, French, Zulu, German and Spanish. In celebration of 2010.
- Drama and music play an important role.
- Safety in today’s day and age is very important, thus no child is allowed to leave school premises unless accompanied by parents.
- All teachers highly qualified and registered with SACE- South African Council for Educators.
- Casual uniforms:
Denim and blue golf shirt.
- School starts at 8am but three teachers are on duty from 7am for the early birds.
- 1 child to one computer
- Also makes use of Australian and UK curriculum.
- Secure aftercare until 5:30pm and homework supervision.
- Sports, gardening, drama and science.
- New interactive whiteboard (smart board) in the new media centre.
School is important but life is more important!